December 21, 2011

The Devil's Nightmare Cover Work Progress

Hello everyone!

One of the great pleasures I partake of when I put together a book is working on the cover concept. Despite the old saying, people do judge a book by its cover, and I have learned that an attractive, interesting and different cover can generate interest about the text behind the cover.

I have been working with a talented artist by the name of Mike Collins on a cover design for The Devil's Nightmare, my upcoming paranormal thriller novel. I want to give you all a sneak peak into the creative process that is going on with the cover, with this early sketch of the concept. Keep in mind this is very rough (we have moved beyond this), but this gives you a first look of the Purple Man character in the novel.



Once you see the finished product, I think you will be impressed with how far Mike has taken this rough concept and made it something beautiful, interesting and polished. What you see in the drawing is the mysterious Purple Man, who is the main villain in The Devil's Nightmare.

As the book nears publication, I will be letting everyone in on some more information about the Purple Man. I should mention that in the finished product, the Purple Man will be clothed, making him look quite different, but for now you're going to have to use your imagination.

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Creature looks wicked so far!

Steven said...

Thanks, Alex. The finished product will be spectacular and really eye-catching.

Heather Day Gilbert said...

yipes--scary! reminds me a little of the mothman statue in West Virginia.