April 6, 2012

Paranormal Fridays: Vacationing for the End of the World


I thought I had heard of everything, and then I ran into this blog post on ABC News' website about people flocking to a small French town in anticipation of the end of the world (aka Doomsday or Justin Bieber's next live performance).

Someone, somewhere, has decided that not only did the Mayans predict the end of the world this December, but that the aliens who are going to bring about the end of the world are going to show up in this little French town. It sounds like some of these people (whom I suspect wear stylish hats made of tinfoil, live in their mom's basement and collect toys as "investments") claim that the mountain next to the town houses numerous alien spacecraft.

One of the big questions I must ask is if the diner in the town validates for alien-inside-the-mountain-parking? The nut-job conspiracy theorists (I know, what do I really think?) are overrunning the town so much that the French army has been called in to deal with the situation, especially once December rolls around and the amount of visitors is expected to increase dramatically.

On the plus side, there are some people who are smart enough to benefit financially off the end-of-the-world vacationers. Some travel agencies are selling one-way travel packages to the town. Won't that be embarrassing when these people have to buy that return plane ticket and show back up at home without an alien at their side? Also, a nearby town is producing a special wine for the alien invasion (after all, it is France).

So, my question now is where are you vacationing to for the end of the world on December 21st, 2012? Better book your one-way plane tickets today!

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

If that town is smart, they'll benefit from the economic boom.

Steven said...

What I gathered from other news stories on the town, some people are capitalizing on the situation while others are preparing to do battle. If there are mass suicides like some are predicting, then I can see why people are apprehensive. Otherwise I say ride the wave and then go back to normal just in time for Christmas