Pages

April 1, 2013

Blogging From A to Z April Challenge Day One: A is for Astral Body


It's the first day of the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge so today is all about the letter A. I'm sticking with a paranormal theme for the challenge, so today's post is about astral bodies.

What is an astral body, you say? The idea comes from the teachings of Plato, who talked about an astral plane of existence. Essentially it is your form or body on that astral plane, which you could say is another dimension.

Have you heard of out-of-body experiences? The body people travel around in during such an experience is an astral body, the same as near death experiences. Some people actually believe our post-mortal existence takes place on the astral plane, where all concepts of heaven, hell and purgatory exist. It is this astral plane some psychics claim to enter using their astral body.

Similarly, some paranormal researchers think all hauntings take place on the astral plane and that all ghosts are astral bodies. The theory does offer an explanation about why ghosts can sometimes be detected by instruments on our plane of existence.

The issue of auras also has to do with astral bodies, claim some psychics. An aura is of course a colored halo of field of light that surrounds humans and other living creatures that can be perceived by people who are clairvoyant.Apparently our astral bodies give off a color or set of colors which some people claim indicate what kind of person you are.

Tune in tomorrow for the letter B and more paranormal fun. 

  

18 comments:

lynnelives said...

Well done with A. Your picture reminded me of an experience in a previous old house where I 'felt' people walking up the same steps when I was there alone.. Looking forward to the rest of your posts. Have a great AtoZ!

Mildred R Holmes said...

Astral bodies and Auras. AtoZ visitor here.

Steven said...

lnnelives, I hope you enjoy my walk through many paranormal topics this month.

Mildred, Welcome to my blog; Hope to see you back!

Teresa Coltrin said...

I have heard of this and wonder....

Great post.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Our souls go somewhere.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Another plane of existence does explain a lot.

Steven said...

Teresa, I wonder quite a bit about it as well.

Diane, yes they do go somewhere, unfortunately we don't know for sure where. This theory produces some interesting results.

Alex, some people think the astral plane is one of many planes of existence, which brings up quite a few questions in my mind.

randi lee said...

Awesome A and I'm very interested in the astral bodies subject. Thanks for the info.!

Lexie C. said...

It would be interesting to know what the different colors mean and what kind of person it indicates we are!

Great start to A-Z! I look forward to following your posts :)

Konstanz Silverbow said...

Very, very, neat! I am learning all sorts of cool stuff today!


Konstanz Silverbow
nothoughts2small.blogspot.com
A-to-Z April Blogging Challenge Co-host
www.A-to-zchallenge.com

Steven said...

Randi, glad you enjoyed my first topic!

Lexie, from what I have read/been told the different colors mean quite a few things, kind of like how tarot cards carry multiple meanings. Part of the interpretation of meaning depends on the psychic and her personal bias/experiences.

Konstanz, I aim to educate so glad to hear you learned something. And thank you for being a co-host for the event!

Silvia Villalobos said...

Well, this was most certainly an interesting read. Anyone naming tachings of Plato is more than OK with me. Looking forward to more paranormal fun.
Silvia @ Silvia Writes

Julia King said...

Great theme, Steven. The picture gave me the willies. You'd think with all the scary movies I have watched it wouldn't have scared me. haha

Steven said...

Silvia, Plato is full of interesting insights, to say the least. Glad you enjoyed!

Julia, I aim to scare or at least give the creeps :)

Jagoda said...

Great image. When I was a kid, I had an out of body experience when I had my tonsils out. So I do believe in astral bodies.
Fellow A to Z-er, Jagoda

Steven said...

Jagoda, personal experience is often the best way to learn about paranormal phenomena.

EvalinaMaria said...

Great post! I'm looking forward to more...

Steven said...

EvalinaMaria, wondeful! Each day will bring much paranormal fun, that I can promise.