Pages

April 24, 2013

Blogging From A to Z April Challenge Day Twenty-One: U is for Ufonaut

A ufonaut is a being that simply occupies a UFO. Some people prefer the term "saucernauts" but it presents a problem when UFOs that are not a saucer shape are spotted (such as the notorious triangular shaped crafts). We have astronauts, but when an astronaut is really a being from another planet it is called a ufonaut. And despite what people might think, ufonauts come in a variety of "races" or types.


Everyone knows the classic Greys of the aliens with the huge heads, big black eyes, greyish skin, etc.Little green men used to be the most commonly reported ufonauts, especially in the 1950s when quite a few people reported seeing the creatures that were 3 to 4 feet tall and had antennas coming out of their heads. Reptilians are another commonly-reported type of ufonaut. Remember the television show V? These aliens are humanoid in form, but they have a snake or lizard-like appearance. Andromedans are a curious type of ufonaut that have been reported by some people. They are apparently beings  that have transcended their physical form and have instead become creatures of spirit and light, and so they are always said to be benevolent in nature. They are often depicted as looking like electricity.


There have even been cases where people have reported seeing ufonauts that look human or near-human. Some of these human ufonauts are Nordic-looking, being taller than your average human and with white skin, light eyes and hair and good-looking features. There are quite a few theories for why human-looking ufonauts have been reported. One of these is that the ufonauts were indeed humans from the United States military, and were using a super-secret craft designed to strike fear in the hearts of enemies. Other people think the human-like ufonauts point toward a connection between our origins and theirs, giving credence to the theory that life on Earth was started by extraterrestrials who colonized here. Yet others think the appearance of human ufonauts proves that extraterrestrials are creating a force of hybrid human-alien soldiers to help create an Earthbound insurgency that will help create disorder and unrest when a full-scale invasion is to take place.

15 comments:

Angeline Trevena said...

How interesting. I've never heard the term 'ufonauts' before, even though my Dad was an amateur ufologist for the British UFO Association.

This stuff fascinates me. I love the supposed evidence of UFOs in ancient cave paigntings, and I love all the conspiracy theories.

At the end of the day, in a supposedly infinite universe, the idea that there is no other planet out there capable of sustaining life seems ridiculous to me.
angelinetrevena.blogspot.co.uk

Summer Ross said...

I have never heard of this- learn something new everyday! I'm a new follower.
~Summer
My Blog

Steven said...

Angeline, admittedly it's not a universal term, but it is used by MUFON and others.

Summer, welcome to my blog! And I'm always aiming to educate and get people thinking.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That last one would not be good!

Steven said...

Alex, that's putting things lightly...

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I see any walking lizards I'm running the other way.

Steven said...

Diane, excellent idea!

VR Barkowski said...

Ufonaut is another new-to-me term. The guy pictured above will certainly win no beauty contest, but to believe Ufonauts, or any other extraterrestrial, would by chance end up looking human seems the ultimate conceit (maybe mass hypnosis?).


VR Barkowski

Steven said...

VR, glad I am introducing everyone to a new term today! I have had the same thought about the human-looking theory. Even if we were descendents of them, the variance in environment would spur evolutionary changes that would make us appear different. But then of course you could argue if they are traveling around the universe at light speed constantly they aren't aging nearly as quickly as us (i.e. Einstein's Theory of Relativity) and so the evolutionary divergence would not be as great. Sheesh, I should write a book about this...

Sharon Himsl said...

Hi. New member here. Interesting site with good information. I'm not familiar with ufonauts...or most of the other terms you discuss.

Morgan Katz said...

Never heard of this before..

morgankatz505.blogspot.com

Kimberly Gabriel said...

I did not know this! I feel enlightened!! The picture half cracks me up half frightens me. ;)

Timothy Brannan said...

Fun stuff! Have you ever checked out the sites that claim the royal family of England are all reptiles? Crazy, crazy stuff.

--
Tim Brannan
The Other Side and The Witch
Red Sonja: She-Devil with a Sword
The Freedom of Nonbelief

Julia King said...

Oh, Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. I want to believe. The Truth is out There. I love that show.

I was wondering what you were going to prepare for the letter U. I'm really interested to see what the letter Z stands for. We shall see....

Steven said...

Sharon, welcome! Keep reading my blog and you'll pick things up (or ask questions if you don't). I actually am working on a book that explains various paranormal terms and concepts. It's for kids, but I think adults will find it useful as well.

Morgan, apparently you aren't alone. I'm a little surprised, though.

Kimberly, I agree that the picture is comical/scary at the same time. It's an odd thing, for sure.

Timothy, I haven't heard that theory, but I have heard plenty others. Some involve ultraterrestrials controlling the US government as a puppet government.

Julia, the writers of the X-Files did tap into some of these theories. I am a HUGE X-Files fan, so wait for the letter X :) Z will be interesting -- I promise.