Pages

September 10, 2013

Paranormal Magnets

We all know what a magnet is: an object that will attract other magnets or metal objects. Some magnets are so incredibly strong they can pick a car off the ground. Other magnets can barely move a paper clip a couple of inches away. In the paranormal world there are magnets as well, or people who literally attract paranormal events in their lives.


I've only ever heard of paranormal magnets who attract spiritual activity. These people seem to experience quite a lot of paranormal activity. Some of these magnets experience activity on a daily basis, while others go through bursts of activity and then experience nothing for a few months or even a few years. They are like physical magnets of varying strengths.

What causes someone to become a paranormal magnet? Some say it is brought on by a traumatic life event, such as a near-death experience or witnessing loved ones pass away. Others say it is brought on by toying with magic. And yet others think that people are just born with this magnetic psychic energy that literally draws spirits in around them. The spirits see the psychic energy of the person like a light in the darkness and crowd around in a bid for attention or the chance to communicate with the living. I doubt anyone knows for sure why some people are paranormal magents, but my own experience has taught me many people are just born that way, although sometimes getting close to or actually "crossing over" beyond this life can have an effect on a person, although not everyone.

You have to be careful when someone seems to have a lot of paranormal activity swirling around them. Sometimes these people are fakes, whether they realize it or not, and are manufacturing paranormal events in their life for attention. Sadly I would say the manufactured paranormal magnets are more common than the real ones and they are much more eager to go to the media with their stories. Many people who are genuine paranormal magnets just want to shed the "gift" they have been given. These people are constantly pestered by spirits, whether good or bad, when they just want to live a normal, everyday kind of life.

Along with paranormal magnetism or the strength of a paranormal magnet is the sensitivity of a person. There have been many, many cases of hauntings where one spouse has experienced all kinds of horrific things in a house and the other spouse has experienced nothing. This often leads to fights and disagreements about whether or not the haunting is real. Of course if the less-sensitive spouse suddenly experiences the haunting the disagreement evaporates in about two seconds. So someone who is a powerful magnet and is highly sensitive would draw in quite a bit of activity and would not miss much of it.

Many paranormal magnets learn after a while that talking about what they experience only causes rifts with people around them, so eventually they shut up about what they see and hear on a regular basis. Unfortunately some of the negative backlash these people experience is due to the people who manufacture paranormal events to gain attention, and that is truly unfortunate.

Have you ever known anyone who you suspect is a paranormal magnet? Let me know about it in the comments or send me an email.

15 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I haven't known anyone, and I guess I am the opposite of a paranormal magnet.

Steven said...

Alex, that's not necessarily a bad thing, believe me.

Robin said...

Sounds a bit crazy to this, but all of the women on my dad's side of the family (for as long as I have been around) are all somewhat psychically gifted.

I know when my dead loves are around me. They all have specific scents. And I have had several dreams in which I have talked to various family members after they've died. The dreams are so vivid that I know they are true. Fortunately, I don't seem to attract "stuck" ghosts either related (or not related) to me. And I can't tell you how many times I have chosen something for the Thursday post that just felt "right" and it turned out to have much greater meaning for the Receiver than I could have guessed when I chose it. That kind of thing always makes me happy!

Steven said...

Robin, I don't think you're crazy. I am a big gut person. Whenever I go with my head and not my gut things don't turn out well.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

When I was younger I seemed to attract it more. Once I became an adult and was out on my own, it went away. I'm kinda glad it did.

Steven said...

Diane, I can bet you would be glad about that!

mshatch said...

No paranormal activity in my life - unless you count my fictional life.

Steven said...

mshatch, having fictional paranormal activity in your life is probably much better.

Arlee Bird said...

I'm a skeptic, but then again I don't see myself as a paranormal magnet nor can I think of anyone whom I have known who could be classified as such. Maybe it could be, but I have no proof.

Lee
Wrote By Rote

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Like Alex, I think I have no talent for attracting paranormal activity, no matter how much I'm interested in it.

I did know of a girl who worked as a receptionist at a hair salon operating in a 300 year old building down the street that's supposed to be haunted. From time to time, they have unexplained phenomenon there. Many of the staff who work there are highly interested and actually *want* something unusual to happen to them. But unfortunately, anything that happens usually happens to this one receptionist -- who wants nothing to do with it!

Steven said...

That's funny that the one who did not want any experiences was the one who had them! Maybe the spirits like the reaction they get out of the receptionist?

Rika said...

Yesterday my car battery was dead (I had to get a jump and drove it to the dealership to replace it). This morning I stepped out of the house to get some groceries at Trader Joes... immediately after I left, the smoke alarms were sounding off as if low batteries. (they were just replaced last month) My nanny called my cell phone to ask if she could take them out. OK, so I go in Trader Joes and walk along the outer isle next to all the beer and wine. 10 feet away there was an older lady that parked her cart next to a display of beer. As I approached, a single beer bottle completely burst. I saw it. The employees thought the older lady might have hit the display with her cart, but I saw that she hadn't. Am I being haunted? Two weeks ago I felt a hand rub down my back. About three months ago a storage bin flew off my storage shelf and crashed down on the floor and pieces broke off these usually durable bins. I was on my treadmill in the same room when it happened. It was at night and my kids were already asleep. Earlier that day my little daughter and I were reading a book on an area carpet that sits below the bin that flew off. Am I being haunted? (During all these things, I don't feel fear but rather awareness.) Any info can help, thanks.

Steven said...

Rika, based on the information you've posted, I would say it's impossible to tell for sure. While there are often rational explanations for phenomenal events, sometimes they are inexplicable. You could try contacting someone local who specializes in ghost hunting, but I would be careful who you go with since some groups are rather... unscrupulous. There are a number of things you can do at home to reach out to anything that might be there, but establishing a connection like that could make things worse. Sometimes ignoring the events works, since many theorize spirits do things to frighten the living because they gain energy from it. Feel free to email me if you want to discuss things further: stevesymes(at)gmail(dot)com.

Collecting Heroes said...

I was always very skeptical about such events until I met my ex girlfriend. Over the course of 5 years she attracted everything, even to the point of Poltergeist activity that was experienced by my self and friends, sometimes with as many as 4 people witnessing them. Our house was in constant turmoil. Things that I suspect aided this was that she had played around with witchcraft before I had met her, as well as having some mental conditions she was medicated for. Most people who claim to have experiences don't have other people witness them, but we would have objects fly across the room (small toys, pebbles) with other people sitting there confused. The dogs would growl and chase something to the corner of the room. We had belongings move, or disappear (we thought we misplaced them) only to reappear on the kitchen counter a month later. The moment she moved out, my personal experiences stopped, and I haven't had any since. I am convinced she was what attracted them. I have too many stories to mention, but can go into great detail. I am very interested in learning more..It would be nice to have more understanding.

natalie said...

I've been seeing things my entire life. However, I'm struggling to find a label for my gift. If I can define what I can do, I feel as though I'll be able to control it better. For example, my aunt is dying from cancer but I am certain she'll be with me. I hope to use my knowledge of this to help my grieving family. I've been able to have conversations with the other side a limited umber of times, but I can always tell when someone is with me or not. I'm a energy conductor/magnet, I'm sensitive to energies, I can see auras, and I see orbs all of the time. I'm not positive that I'm a medium or whatever. I'm terrified to even try to reach out to weaker energies for fear of going into a trance or being open to negative energy (I've seen them and they're absolutely horrifying... hence me never being able to watch a scary movie) Has anyone heard of the ability of seeing "shapes?" The best way to describe it is like an orb, but with minimal color (clear, white, or dark tinted) because I see them everywhere I go.