Pages

October 10, 2014

I Finally Made a Halloween Tree and It's Incredible


For years I've planned on doing my own Halloween tree. Why? Because it just seems like a good thing to do, and because I can. But I struggled to find a suitable tree. So many that are sold in the stores just weren't what I was looking for, and so I went without.

After Christmas last year I found this odd-looking Christmas tree that was on sale for $15. I immediately realized it would be perfect for a Halloween tree, so I snatched it up. After tinkering with it and discussing color options with my wife, I went with a pumpkin orange, eschewing the black and purple it seems like everyone else is doing. The result was a tree that glows in the sunlight. It's amazing!


Even better, at night the tree looks rustic and like it's dying, which sets the perfect mood for Halloween. I used some flickering lights that look more like mini torches, added some different decorations I've collected over time, and finally have the tree I've wanted for years.


The only real problem is that FedEx lost the item I was going to use for a tree topper. I really don't want to say what it was, partly because it's a rare item and I don't want other people competing with me for it. If I can track one down and actually have it delivered, I'll post a photo with it on the tree.



6 comments:

mshatch said...

A Halloween tree. I love it :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That is awesome. Bummer FedEx lost your topper.

D.G. Hudson said...

First Halloween tree I've seen and well done, too. Now you have me intrigued about the topper. Good luck in finding what you want!
I'll be writing a couple of Halloween posts later in the month, that's my contribution to the event. . .my fave costume was when several of my coworkers and I dressed up as a witches coven. . .

Dianne K. Salerni said...

I love it!!

It fits right in with something I saw on Twitter a week or so ago -- mainly suggesting that within a decade we will have only one very long holiday season called "Spooky Christmas."

You're ahead of the curve, Steve!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Oh, I want one! We don't really decorate for Halloween anymore, but we still have ton of decorations. I'd have fun putting them all over an orange tree.

Holli Moncrieff said...

It looks awesome--I love it! Good luck finding your topper--I hope you can track it down.